Dominic Thurbon has cracked the code for making change happen. Changenomics is the ultimate formula for driving innovation and collaboration, and future-proofing your workforce.
Have you ever needed to change the way staff, leaders or customers think, act and buy? Have you ever wished there were a formula that worked every time? We need to stop ‘managing’ change and start driving it. Dominic Thurbon has cracked code for making change happen. Changenomics is the ultimate formula for driving innovation, collaboration and behaviour change in your business.
Dominic is co-founder and Chief Creative Officer at ChangeLabs, a behaviour change company with over 70 staff across Australia, New Zealand and North America. He is architect of award-winning behaviour change programs reaching over 300,000 people each year, with clients including Apple, IBM, Lexus, Microsoft, the Commonwealth Bank and Johnson & Johnson.
At just 29, Dom has lead research on international best-sellers in the fields of innovation and change (published in over 10 countries), co-authored white papers on subjects as diverse as talent management and the impact of video games on work, and built a global business.
He is also a world top-10 debater and internationally sought after keynote speaker, known for his dynamic style and unique fusion of practical business experience with research-driven insight.
Changenomics: The Truth About Making Change Happen
Have you ever needed to change the way staff, leaders or even customers think, act and buy? Have you ever wished there were a formula that worked every time? We need to stop ‘managing’ change and start driving it. Changenomics is the ultimate equation for driving change and making it stick! Dominic Thurbon developed Changenomics through years of research and first-hand experience in deploying award-winning change programs to over 500,000 people a year. In this eye-opening and dynamic presentation, Dominic will leave your audience with a toolkit to:
- Make change happen in their teams (and for themselves!).
- Drive more innovation and collaboration in your team or business.
- Attract, engage and retain the next generation of workers.
- Thrive in the workplace of the future.
Fl!p: The Truth Around Unleashing Innovation
There has never been a more important time to drive innovation in our businesses. As markets tighten and get more competitive, we are all under pressure to do more, with less, faster. But for too many companies, innovation is just a ‘value’ or a ‘buzzword’, not a practice that we all engage in every day. Based on research for global best-seller Flip!, this session takes a case-study rich approach to uncovering the real opportunities for innovation in your business.
- Identify the five drivers of innovation in your business and how to leverage them
- Unpack compelling strategies to get every individual in your team to approach work with an innovation-mindset
- Outline practical, real strategies for creating an environment that drives innovation
Making Money in the Cracks: The Truth About creating value through Collaboration
- Money gets made in the ‘white space’ inside and outside the business, not inside your silos
- Collaboration is a means to an end; it’s about value creation, not consensus
- Collaboration is a behaviour, and to make it happen we need to drive behaviour change
The only way to win in the competitive market is through innovation, and collaboration done right drives innovation. Having created The Productivity Project for IBM, Dom Thurbon knows first-hand how to move from a discussion about collaboration to actually using it to create value in your business.
Talent Magnets: The Truth About the Future of Talent
- We focus on the wrong things: attraction, engagement and retention are outputs, focus on the drivers… leadership, culture, and the work itself
- People take jobs, but leave managers
- Needs trumps diversity – focus on fairness, meaning, growth and inclusion, not generations, gender and background
The war for talent is over… talent won. The real way to attract, engage and retain top talent is to create inspiring workplace experiences through collaboration, career progression and story. Drawing on first-hand experience leading a global business, Dom Thurbon will unpack cutting-edge strategies for leveraging human capital.
Work 3.0: The Truth About the Future of Work
- The irony of the ‘future’ of work is that it is happening today; companies are already extracting value from adopting new ways of working
- The role of leaders and managers in the future is amplified, not diminished – we must build capability today for work tomorrow
- Work is not a ‘place’ anymore, it’s about value creation through collaboration, not attendance by individuals
We overestimate the changes we will see in one year, but underestimate the changes that will occur in the next five. The shift is inevitable – you can either be early or late, it’s up to you. Having partnered with companies like Microsoft, Apple and IBM – who are quite literally inventing the future of work – this session looks at real-world case studies of what is happening today that will define what you do tomorrow.
It’s all about the Teacher, Stupid: The Truth About the Future of Education
- Quality innovation happens when we get beyond product and into process; in education, teaching is the process, not curriculum, test scores and class size
- Technology amplifies, not diminishes, the role of the teacher; the tools support the teacher, not the other way around
- Evidence of teacher impact must be the new gold standard in education
Teaching can no longer happen behind closed doors – our dedicated teachers must be given the same development opportunities afforded to every other profession on Earth. This includes data-driven and evidence-based feedback, and personalised development plans. Having founded a global company that works with 300,000 students each year in face-to-face lessons, Dom will explore the future of education based on leading research and real-world experience.
Dominic is a fantastic, dynamic presenter who really demystified the whole ‘technology’ thing for us. His presentation was engaging, entertaining and – best of all – really valuable to us in the way we work.– Glaxo SmithKilne
Dom Thurbon made us think very differently and we were all buzzing with new ideas at the end of the session. I would highly recommend Dom to work with your team – you will certainly be engaged, challenged and very creative with your approach.”– Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Dominic presentations for our senior client audience. They were right on brief and really inspired people about the potential to unleash collaboration and innovation. He speaks the language of business, understands business models and tailors his message to suit the audience. His dynamic and engaging style affects real behavioural and attitudinal change and made him a l hit with the audience.– IBM