Ron Kaufman is the world’s leading educator and motivator for uplifting customer service and building service cultures.
Rated one of the “Top 25 Who’s Hot” speakers by Speaker Magazine, Ron presents powerful insights and global best practices from working with clients on every continent for more than twenty years. His energetic keynote speeches and workshops have inspired millions.
He is author of the New York Times and USA Today bestseller, “Uplifting Service! The Proven Path to Delighting Your Customers, Colleagues and Everyone Else You Meet” and 14 other books on service, business and inspiration. Ron is also the founder of UP! Your Service, a company that enables leaders and organizations to build Uplifting Service cultures for sustainable advantage.
Ron’s experience and passionate commitment to results have been distilled into proven methods to help clients upgrade service performance and build strong service cultures. His unique approaches to learning and leadership have been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and USA Today.
Ron was invited to Asia in 1990 by Singapore Airlines and the government of Singapore to create and launch a national service quality training organization.
He is a graduate of Brown University, USA with studies in France, London and Berkeley, California. He is a professional member of the Author’s Guild, Global Speakers Federation and International Association of Learning Providers.
Ron resides in Singapore and travels widely to promote and realize a vision of “Our world where everyone is educated and inspired to excel in service.”
Uplifting Service: Exceeding Customer Expectations one Action at a Time
In today’s global economy, customer expectations in almost every industry are rising. What was once considered a perk, bonus or plus is now a promise clients expect – and even demand – time and again. And while everyone may agree that providing superior service is essential to continued success in a competitive world, too many executives still regard service as “the fuzzy stuff” they don’t know how to measure, manage or make happen on a companywide scale.
Uplifting Service is an entertaining and interactive presentation that shows everyone from the C-suite to the front lines specific actions and concrete steps to fly over customers’ rising expectations and immediately improve the quality of service delivered at all levels of the company. Packed with real-life examples, powerful principles and tried-and-true techniques, this session will educate, motivate and inspire everyone on your team to take new action now.
Key Learning Points:
• The secret to seeing the world from your customers’ point of view.
• The six proven steps to going from “basic” to “unbelievable” service.
• Transforming complaints into opportunities, creating positive word of mouth and valuable customers for life.
• Three strategies and tactics for managing customer expectations.
• Bouncing your way back through service recovery.
• Shifting from blame, shame and justification to taking personal responsibility.
Leading the Service-Focused Culture: Creating Superior Service from the C-Suite
A superior service culture does not happen by accident but instead requires committed managers willing to walk their talk – and motivated staff inspired to deliver on-the-spot service daily. But beyond this, the driving force of a service-focused culture is a group of inspired leaders who are convinced of, and committed to, the long-term value of Uplifting Service.
Leading The Service-Focused Culture facilitates your senior leadership team in building the alignment needed to embrace a common service vision – and then take the actions required to make that vision a reality. In this hands-on session, participants review the culture-building activities currently in use in the organization; identify opportunities for new service initiatives; learn best practices for becoming a service-focused culture and commit to taking action to align and strengthen the service focus.
Key Learning Points:
• Best practices for engaging everyone from the top down in a continuous cascade of positive actions for Uplifting Service culture.
• Quantifying benefits of a service culture in terms of customer experience, competitive positioning, talent development and business results.
• Choosing compelling language to create an engaging service vision.
• Communicating the vision effectively with all service providers.
• Creating the alignment and service commitment to help cross functional teams communicate more effectively with each other and within their own departments.
Capturing the Power of a Superior Service Culture: Creating a Sustainable Competitive Advantage
In a world where customers and staff have increasing options, companies with a powerful service reputation and an Uplifting Service culture are attracting and retaining the best talent, achieving market leadership and enjoying sustainable
success. In fact, building a service-focused culture today is no longer an option — it’s a competitive necessity. This session provides senior executives with the opportunity to step back and answer the question, “Is the service culture that exists in my company today providing me with a strong competitive advantage for tomorrow? If so, what can I do to keep it growing stronger? And if not, what can I do to make it better right now?” Packed with case studies and best practice examples from companies around the world, Capturing The Power Of A Superior Service Culture shows you why some organizations succeed beautifully – and others fail miserably. Participate in this presentation to find out what works, what doesn’t, what your organization should do, and what you must avoid.
Key Learning Points:
• Why an Uplifting Service culture earns you a sustainable advantage.
• How to engineer your service culture with a proven three-part architecture and implementation roadmap.
• How to align The 12 Building Blocks of Service Culture™ to get more impact from the activities you are already doing.
• How to track, improve and measure the value of your service culture.
• Why a weak service culture leads to more complaints, lower margins and higher staff turnover – and how you can avoid these problems.